Translation Tips Galore
Simply typing, â€œtips for translationâ€ into Google will supply you with a plethora of information for working in the field of translation.Â So, why not put some of them together?
Tips on How to Become a Translator:
(Source: Translators Biz Secret â€“ For more details: http://bit.ly/v5Aom6)
- A degree in your chosen subject is definitely a plus
- Use Â job-specific training programs
- Basic computer skills are essential
- Get experience
- Get to know your local agencies. Work with them.
Tips for Success:
(Source: The Linguist Blogger â€“ For more details: http://bit.ly/swemjb)
- Pay your dues
- Stretch yourself
- Treat your clientsâ€™ trust as sacred
Tips for Translation Projects for Translators:
(Source: Linguabase â€“ For more details: http://bit.ly/tp7rpl)
- Do not accept a project which you know is not within your abilities.
- Do not accept jobs with impossible deadlines.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions.
- Do not accept a job without seeing the text first.
- Do not accept work without knowing who your client is.
Why Translators Should Use Twitter:
(Source: LinguaGreca/Adventures in Freelance Translation â€“ For more details: http://bit.ly/umm58x)
- Excellent for practicing your non-native language skills
- Help & feedback available 24/7
- Conversations about work, concerns & ideas
- Boost your online presence
Tips for Networking
(Source: Tips for Translators â€“ For more details: http://bit.ly/tEZvRS)
- Be authentic
- Be in the moment
- Find a need and fill it
- Follow-up or be forgotten
- Give credit and take the blame
Do any of you have tips or advice you were given (or wish you were given) that has helped you along your translation journey?